The City of New Westminster is developing a Citywide Integrated Stormwater Management Plan (ISMP) to guide the planning, funding, and development of stormwater management initiatives for the City. The ISMP will establish a practical plan to enhance our watersheds, address water quality, and determine best practices for managing our rainfall.
We welcome members of the public to please join us for a brief presentation, activities, and interactive discussion on the Draft Action Plan.
WHAT: ISMP Draft Action Plan Review – Public Consultation
WHEN: Wednesday, November 16, 2016; 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
WHERE: “Fir Room” Century House – 620 Eighth St. New Westminster
Please try to arrive five minutes early for sign-in and light refreshments as we will be starting the presentation at 6:00 pm.
Key questions include:
· How can we improve the quality of stormwater to ensure that our watersheds are healthy?
· How can we manage the quantity of stormwater to minimize flooding, erosion, and sewer overflows?
· What are some potential tools to help us manage our stormwater?
· What are some potential programs and regulations to help manage stormwater?
· How do we implement a stormwater management program?
· How do we measure success?
We welcome your input on the Draft Action Plan so it serves as a practical and community-supported guide to help achieve New Westminster’s stormwater management goals.
Questions ABOUT the ismp?
City of New Westminster
Questions ABOUT ENGAGEMENT PROCESS?